Many religious scriptures, like the Garuda Purana, state that if someone dies at Panchak, five other members of his family will also die. Rog Panchaka, Raj Panchaka, Agni Panchaka, Mrityu Panchaka, and Chor Panchaka are the five types of Panchak.
- 1 So, What is Panchak?
- 1.1 What is Panchak Death?
- 1.2 Types of Panchak
- 1.3 What do the Scriptures say about Panchak?
- 1.4 Five categories of these five constellations from Dhanishtha to Revathi respectively.
- 1.5 Remedies for Panchak
- 1.6 Vedic Remedies After Fifteen days of the Panchak Death
- 1.7 Birth in Panchak Yoga
- 1.8 Precautions during Panchak Kaal
- 1.9 Panchak Dosha Remidies
So, What is Panchak?
There are 27 constellations in the sky. Panchak is the combination of the last five constellations – Dhanishta, Shatabhisha, Poorvabhadrapada, Uttarabhadrapada, and Revathi – of these 27 constellations.
The alignment of these five constellations is unlucky. If someone dies in the combination of these constellations, other members of the family must suffer death, according to ‘Muhurta Chintamani.’
The Moon constellations of Aquarius and Pisces, that is, the latter portion of Dhanishta, Shatabhisha, Purva Bhadrapada, Uttara Bhadrapada, and Revati — these five constellations are known as Panchaka in astrology. Mars, the lord of Dhanishta, Rahu, the lord of Shatabhisha, Jupiter, the lord of Purvabhadrapada, Saturn, the lord of Uttarabhadrapada, and Mercury, the lord of Revati combine to form Panchak.
Panchak, which begins on Saturday, is the most dangerous. This is known as the death quintet.
In the Sanskrit language, Panchak refers to a group of five.
Panchak, according to Vedic astrology, represents the union of five Nakshatras or constellations: Dhanishta, Purva Bhadrapada, Shatabhisha, Uttar Bhadrapada, and Revati. Panchak Nakshatras are the names given to these Nakshatras.
The moon transits through the Panchak Nakshatras for about five days during Panchak Kaal.
Panchak Kaal is described as the five-day time when the moon is in the last two zodiac signs, Aquarius and Pisces, as the 27 Nakshatras are divided into twelve zodiac signs.
Auspicious acts such as marriage, housewarming, Nav Vadhu Pravesh, new construction, Upnayan Sanskar, and Mundan ritual are prohibited during Panchak Kaal, according to Hindu scriptures.
What is Panchak Death?
Panchak death refers to death during the Panchak period. Death in the Panchak Nakshatra, according to Hindu traditions, is exceedingly inauspicious and unpleasant.
Such a person will not be saved, and their soul will not be at rest. For the benefit of the family and relatives. It is thought that if someone dies during the Panchak Kaal, five members from the clan or family would die within the next 24 months.
Types of Panchak
According to Vedic astrology, there are five types of Panchak, each of which is based on Var (days).
It’s called Mrityu Panchak if it starts on a Saturday (death). Marriage and the beginning of any major event should be avoided.
If Panchak begins on a Sunday, it is also considered bad and is referred to as Roga (diseases) Panchak. This is a bad time for your health. A person may be afflicted with long-term sickness.
It is considered inauspicious and termed as Rajya (kingdom) if it begins on a Monday. During this time, all government-related problems and employment changes are avoided.
If Panchak begins on a Tuesday, it is referred to as Agni (fire) Panchak. Construction, moving to a new home, and employment involving machines should all be avoided.
It is also considered unfavourable if it begins on a Friday, and is known as Chor (theft) Panchak. Travel, business, and financial operations should be avoided during this period of Panchak.
What do the Scriptures say about Panchak?
Dhanisht-Panchakam Grame Shadbhisha-Kulpanchakam.
Poorvabhadrapada-rathya: Chotara Grihapanchakam.
Revathi grambahyam cha etat panchak-laksnam.’
धनिष्ठ-पंचकम ग्राम शद्भिषा-कुलपंचकम।
पूर्वाभाद्रपद-रथ: छोटा गृहपंचकम।
रेवती ग्रामभ्यं चा एतत पंचक-लक्षनाम।’
Five categories of these five constellations from Dhanishtha to Revathi respectively.
- Grambahya Panchak.
If there is a birth or death in Dhanishta, it is believed that there are five other births or deaths in that village or city.
If it occurs in Shatabhisha, it occurs in the same clan; if it occurs in Purva, it occurs in the same locale; if it occurs in Uttara, it occurs in the same house; and if it occurs in Revati, it occurs in another village-town.
According to the belief, the birth of any individual in a constellation results in the birth of five children in the household, etc., and the death of any individual results in the death of five individuals.
There is no such thing as a good moment to die. Five people may perish in such a situation, but Uttara Bhadrapada has been designated as Grihapanchak, and if five women in a household are pregnant, then only five children are possible.
In Panchak, there is a birth and death indicator, as well as five. Birth is happiness, and the so-called outcomes of these constellations separated into houses and so on are going to occur in five families, so it’s obvious that various sorts of happiness will manifest there.
If we consider the significance of five fatalities, we might deduce that there may be disease, pain, and grief in five houses.
The eight divisions of death are as follows: cause pain, sorrow, fear, shame, disease, sadness, humiliation, and death. This does not mean that five must die; five may suffer from disease, grief, or pain.
Remedies for Panchak
The Garuda Purana also has remedies for the individual who dies in Panchak. According to the Garuda Purana, one must seek the guidance of a trained scholar before executing the funeral rites of a deceased person in Panchak.
If this job is carried out following the law, the crisis will be averted. Indeed, as per Pandit Ji’s directions, five effigies constructed of flour, gramme flour, or Kush (dried grass) are placed on the earth alongside the deceased, and these five are likewise burned with the same elaborate ceremonies as the deceased. This eliminates Panchak dosha.
Second, the Garuda Purana states that if someone dies in Panchak, certain preparations should be performed.
To begin, cremation can be performed at the constellation’s centre by offering sacrifices from the constellation’s mantra. Sacrifices undertaken following the rules produce virtuous outcomes.
Additionally, if possible, the cremation should take place in the pilgrimage site, as this results in the quickest cremation.
Vedic Remedies After Fifteen days of the Panchak Death
If no Panchak remedy is used at the time of death, the following Vedic rituals should be performed to remove the malefic effects of Panchak death.
These Panchak death cures should be conducted with the help of a priest or astrologer after fifteen days of Panchak death. Here are the Vedic rituals that must be followed.
- When completing Vedic rituals for Panchak death, all family members should be present.
- Shradh Puja or Pitru Tarpan Pooja should be performed at home. Five dolls made of Kusha grass (Darbha) and white cotton are required for this Puja.
- After that, a five-doll Prana Prathistapana ceremonial ceremony should be done. This rite represents giving life to the dolls.
- The dolls should then be buried near-sacred ponds, lakes, or rivers in sand or dirt.
- Perform Rudrabhishek at home after the burying and offer Pitru Tarpan.
- To calm the planets and remove the malefic effects of Panchak Dosh, family members might do Nakshatra Shanti Puja and Navagraha Shanti Pooja.
- After that, at home, recite Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Jaap and Havan.
- If someone dies in the Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra, family members should donate a “Daana” brass pitcher filled with sesame seeds.
- According to the Garuda Purana, a person’s residence shall be locked for six months if they die in Panchak Kaal, depending on the Panchak death Nakshatra.
- If a person dies unexpectedly, such as from hunger, an animal attack, arson, or a curse, Narayana Bali should be performed. This ceremony should be carried out within six months of death or as soon as possible following death.
- According to the Garuda Purana, if a person dies through suicide, snake bite, murder, electric shock, robbery, or falling from a mountain, there is no Vedic ceremony to alleviate the ravages of the Panchak Death.
Birth in Panchak Yoga
The following are the flaws that every Panchak Nakshatra born individual has. If a child is born in Panchak Nakshatra, the native’s life is believed to be riddled with flaws.
- Physical limitations may be present in people born under the Dhanistha Panchak.
- Poorva Bhadrapada natives have disagreements with their families.
- They have a number of issues at home.
- People born in Satabhisha have a variety of health problems throughout their lives.
Natives of Uttara Bhadrapada lose a lot of money at labour.
- If a child is born in Revati, he or she will suffer financial losses anytime Panchak is present in the relevant constellation.
Precautions during Panchak Kaal
- As soon as the Dhanishta Nakshatra Panchak begins. Avoid collecting wood, grass, or other fuel-related items. It is thought that during Panchak, your home may catch fire, causing harm to you or your loved ones.
- Due to the possibility of fire as a malefic effect of Panchak Yoga, do not build a bed during the Panchak Kaal.
- During the Panchak Nakshatras, avoid starting any new work, business, construction, or large financial transaction.
- During Panchak Kaal, do not lend money or make loans.
- During the Revati Nakshatra, avoid building a terrace.
- It is strictly forbidden to cremate a deceased person during Panchak. Prior to cremation, it is recommended that Shanthikarma be performed.
- During Panchak, avoid travelling in a southerly route, especially if you were born under Panchak Yoga.
- Housewarming ceremonies, Upnayan Sanskar, Bhoomi Pujan, and other auspicious celebrations should be avoided.
Panchak Dosha Remidies
- Before travelling to the south during Panchak Kaal, worship Lord Hanuman and offer fruits. South is the direction of Yam Dev, the God of Death, thus only travel to the south during Panchak Yog if absolutely essential.
- Do not buy wooden products, but if essential, do Goddess Gayatri’s Havan before making a transaction.
- Rooftop construction is prohibited in Panchak Kaal. If necessary, provide sweets to workers prior to beginning building work.
- During Panchak, one should follow the astrological treatments and precautions recommended by an experienced astrologer or priest. Avoid doing anything that is prohibited during Panchak Kaal.