Asthi Visarjan at the time of COVID-19
Asthi Visarjan is a last rite/ritual being performed by the Hindus, in order to provide salvation or moksha to the departed soul of their loved ones. The ashes of the dead ones are being immersed overthe holy river Ganges in order to provide salvation & the Teerth purohits or pandas(priest) perform a poojan to immerse the ashes over the holy river in teerth sthals i.e Kaashi, Prayag, haridwar & Gaya.
It is believed that the soul of the person cannot get Salvation “Mukti” until his/her Asthi and Ash poured in Holy river.
Ancient texts are full with the significance of the ritual of Asthi Visarjan In Valmiki Ramayana shloka no. 41 in 43rd chapter in Balkand Sage Vishwamitra tells Rams while mentioning the story of Ganga Avtaran.
O’ Ram you are the greatest in Raghu Dynasty as soon as Ganga’s water touches the ashes soul obtained the heaven as all sins of soul cleared with mere touch of Ganga.
Many people in India & NRI’s from abroad come with the Asthi Kalash over the Teerth sthals to perform the poojan and immersion, but the one who wishes & not be able to come due to office work, emergency or any other reasons can perform the Asthi Visarjan poojan over these Teerth sthals live by sending us the Asthi Kalash through courier/post.
So, What we are doing?
Prayag Pandits provides the asthi visarjan poojan live over video conferencing app live through these Teerth sthals.
Many people who were unable to attend the ‘asthi visarjan’ (ashes immersion) and ‘shraddh’ (13-day rites) of loved ones who died during the epidemic may now do so through speed post and watch the ceremonies live. The Postal Department and Prayag Pandits, a socio-religious platform, have teamed together to provide asthi-visarjan’ in the Ganga and ‘shraddh’ rites in Varanasi, Prayagraj, Haridwar, and Gaya.
Many people lost loved ones to Covid, yet they were unable to complete their last rituals. By notifying the postal authorities, ashes can now be transported through speed post to these holy cities. In Varanasi, Prayagraj, Haridwar, and Gaya, there is a custom of ‘asthi visarjan in Ganga and prayer for the soul via shraddh.’
To use this service, customers must first visit the Prayag Pandits website (https://prayagpandits.com/) for a ‘asthi visarjan’ or ‘shraddh’ ceremony. The ashes can be put in a package and delivered to Varanasi, Prayagraj, Haridwar, and Gaya through speed post. ‘Prayag Pandits’ should be put in bold along with details on the ‘asthi’ packet. Only the sender will be responsible for the speed post fees.
Also, following the booking, the sender should update his or her information, including the speed post barcode number, on the Prayag Pandits webpage.
What you have to do?
Here are the following steps:-
- Contact Prayag Pandits through mail or call.
- Select the Teerth sthals where you want to perform the poojan.
- Send the Courier to our provided address on your own.
- Prayag Pandits officials will receive the courier & inform you over mail/call/text.
- Provide information of the deceased soul as our official asked you for.
- Confirm the poojan day, date & timings.
- Prayag Pandits official will host a meeting over ZOOM app and send you the login credentials over mail.
- Be present over the video conference with the family members of yours to perform the poojan live straight through the teerth sthals.
- After poojan, a small video of the full rituals will be sent to you over mail.
- Be careful, while packing the courier. Follow the steps Prayag Pandits provide to you while packing.
- Provide us with the clear information of the deceased soul, gothra, forefathers info, the nathe me of person performing the poojan & the cause of death asked by us.
- Please make the full payment before the poojan, which is 100% refundable if gets cancelled by your side.