Online Asthi Visarjan in Varanasi
Asthi visarjan, which means immersion of asthis or left over bone remains after cremation, is done in holy river ganga. It is believed that immersion in ganga leads the soul to moksha or ‘Vaikunth Dham’.
Here are the few simple steps one have to follow to conduct Online Asthi Visarjan-
- Step 1- Contact Prayag Pandits over mail/call.
- Step 2- Prayag Pandits officials, provide you the courier address.
- Step 3- Pack the courier tight and as mentioned by us, so that the Asthi Pot/Kalash don’t get broken by logistic or courier company.
- Step 4- After the courier gets received by us, you recieve a confirmation mail.
- Step 5- The very next day poojan will be conduted & photos and videos will be sent to the client electronically.
For more information, please contact Us.
Watch video of Online Asthi Visarjan in Varanasi-
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Should we perform Asthi Visarjan Online?
Asthi Visarjan is a ritual that should be performed by the family members with great devotion and care along with all the necessary pooja. This digital age allows family members to perform the ritual if in case they are unable to come physically. That’s why it is completely fine to perform online asthi visarjan if the person is conducting it with great devotion and care.
2. How the Online Asthi visarjan will be conducted?
Once our team receive the Asthi kalash via courier, at the mentioned time and date we organise the poojan. Our team arranges all the required poojan materials like jau seeds, black sesame seeds, fresh milk, fresh flowers etc. Pandit ji begins the ceremony near ganga river and a pratinidhi sits with him representing the person who is performing the poojan online. Pratinidhi answers the gotra, name and other family details of the person whose poojan is performed when asked by pandit ji. These details are forwarded to the pratinidhi.
3. How should i send the Asthi to Varanasi?
Sending Asthi to Varanasi is very easy. Transfer the asthi to a kalash and wrap the kalash upper half with white cloth. After this, put the kalash in a cardboard box which should be a bit bigger than the kalash itself. Between the walls of the box and kalash, put shock absorbing material like thermocol pieces such that they fill the gap and little empty area remains. After this, tape the cardboard box properly. Our team will guide you in the whole packing process.
4. How long asthi visarjan pooja takes?
Asthi visarjan pooja takes 45 minutes to 1 hour. It is conducted in two parts. First part is the poojan itself. Second part comprises of visarjan in the middle of Ganga ji.
5. On which day asthi visarjan should be done?
There are different days in different castes and states. Generally, it is best to perform it as soon as possible. Asthi visarjan laws are different in Orissa, when compared to north india. But as per the holy texts, the asthis must be collected and put in a kalash on the 3rd day, 7th day, 9th day. Before the 10th day, asthi visarjan should be performed.
Brahmin Bhoj can also be arranged on special demand. For more details about the poojan and bhoj, feel free to contact us! One of our purohits will get back in touch with you shortly.